In this theme I was introduced to the basic terminology within user interface design, digital communication, user testing, and responsive web design. I have refreshed my skills in html and css coding as well as basics in Photoshop and Illustrator.
This module included development of video production, as a dramaturgy elements, film language, recording and editing techniques. I was expected to work in several different teams during this theme, so I have gained some experience working in the group as well.
This theme contained both individual and group productions. The main goal was to create a few interactive animations with an interactive story with focus on the story, a style, character design, animations and interactivity designed for a specific target group. I had to use my skills in sketching, hand drawing and then drawing visual universe and characters in illustrator. I have learned about animation principles which I used later and I had to expand my skills in HTML and CSS as well, because I had to add SVG files and audio elements to the site as well as use advanced selectors, transitions, keyframe animations, querySelector, events & eventListeners and so on. Despite the fact that it was a bit difficult I really enjoyed this theme.
This fourth theme gave me a basic understanding of how interaction between users and user interfaces works, as well as which theories, tools and methods I can use for research, design, testing and production of digital solutions for smartphones so that my work is based on specific insights about actual users instead of my own feelings.
As a group we had so many thoughts about improving the fronter, however, we could choose only one user journey, and we had little time as well, so we couldn't apply all our ideas. Design sprint was new to me and I liked the idea that everyone has the same right. However, our design sprint was a bit adjusted in the meaning that it looked more friendly and unprofessional, and we didn't use stickers for voting for everything, but I think it's normal as we were only five students doing it for the first time. I think that we did well in this assignment and everyone from a group is satisfied about the results.
Our last project was to create Native app of the Fronter. As a new group we spent last week by doing Design Sprint, so researching, brainstorming, putting our ideas on the wall, deciding, sketching, interviewing and after all prototyping the final app in XD. Design Sprint was without any problems as we were already familiar with it and prototyping was easy for us as well. However, in this assignment, we learn how to use UI kits in XD, so our prototype would look more realistic for users of iOS or Android devices.
This project was simply summarization of all the projects from this theme. During the entire module we were expected to make a documentation from our work via pictures or video and then put these documents to this final documentation. It was really nice to see our progress, either individually or group progress.